Recognise a Choosing Wisely Champion
Choosing Wisely Australia is an initiative that seeks to empower both consumers and health professionals to have conversations about what tests, treatments and procedures are really necessary. There are many people championing Choosing Wisely Australia – demonstrating their commitment to promoting the principles of Choosing Wisely in their day-to-day activities.
NPS MedicineWise and Choosing Wisely Australia are excited to announce a new awards program to acknowledge these Champions: The “Choicies Awards”.
Benefits of recognising a Champion
There are many benefits to recognising a Choosing Wisely Champion at your organisation:
- It’s a great way to acknowledge the efforts of individuals and teams who are leading the way in effecting a culture shift in how we think about healthcare delivery.
- It recognises the breadth of people with different roles (leaders, clinicians, consumers) working towards a common goal of reducing unnecessary tests, treatments and procedures.
- It’s another way to encourage and support an ongoing conversation about what care is truly necessary within your organisation.
- It can promote local activities you are undertaking as part of the Choosing Wisely initiative.
- It can motivate and encourage people to become involved in the Choosing Wisely initiative.
- It’s a good way to share Choosing Wisely stories and ideas across organisations.
Recognise Choosing Wisely Champions by awarding a Certificate of Recognition in conjunction with the nominating organisation.
How NPS MedicineWise and Choosing Wisely will work with your organisation
NPS MedicineWise and Choosing Wisely Australia will:
Promote Choosing Wisely Champions through a profile or an interview which could be published, for example, on the Choosing Wisely Australia website, newsletters, in the media and on social media.
Assist the nominating organisation to recognise the work of their nominees through local publications and speaking opportunities.
How to get involved
To nominate a Choosing Wisely Champion in your organisation, complete a nomination form and the nomination checklist and email it to Choosing Wisely Australia ([email protected]).
By nominating a Choosing Wisely Champion, you are agreeing to:
- Ensuring the nominee consents to their name and photo being used, and to be contacted by Choosing Wisely Australia for the purpose of promoting them as a Choosing Wisely Champion.
- Give Choosing Wisely Australia permission to promote the activities associated with the nomination.
- Provide photo(s) to support the promotion according to specifications.
Contact Choosing Wisely Australia about the Recognising a Choosing Wisely Champion program via [email protected].
Choosing Wisely Australia translated resources
Explore the translated versions of the 5 questions you should consider asking your doctor or other healthcare provider.