Australia’s health services champion Choosing Wisely
Health services are leading the implementation of Choosing Wisely Australia through clinician-led initiatives. For example, hospitals are bringing together champions of quality evidence-based care - from specialist units, general medicine, nurses and medical trainees - under the Choosing Wisely umbrella.
For Choosing Wisely to have an impact on healthcare service delivery, it is vital that health services are championing the initiative at a local level. From Primary Health Networks and Local Health Districts, to hospitals and primary care practices, Choosing Wisely Australia encourages health services to engage in reducing unnecessary tests, treatments or procedures that are prevalent in their particular settings.
Participation as a Choosing Wisely health service member provides a range of opportunities:
Download the brochure
- promotion as a Choosing Wisely Champion
- connections to a growing network of engaged clinicians and health services
- connections to health professional colleges, societies and associations
- being part of a forum that shares ideas and supports learning
- potential to jointly apply for funding
- access to relevant resources
- development of resources
- collaboration on evaluation of impact.
for more information. If you’d like to become a Choosing Wisely Australia Champion Health Service, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org