03 Feb 2016
Choosing Wisely Australia achievements will be showcased at the NPS MedicineWise National Medicines Symposium 2016 in May, which brings together health care experts from across Australia and abroad.
The theme for NMS 2016 is Making wise decisions about medicines, tests and technologies: co-designing policy, practice and priorities and will look at current and future challenges affecting medicines, tests and the broader health sector, with the core tenets of:
- partnering with consumers
- innovation in practice and technologies
- identifying common ground and shared objectives.
The sub-themes for the conference are: ‘foundations for success’, ‘sustainable systems’ and ‘in practice’.
Choosing Wisely Australia will also host an interactive panel discussion that will debate what needs to be done to maximise the success of this initiative.
Key strategies for implementation and evaluation will be discussed, including:
- how different organisations are implementing recommendations
- early lessons learned from the field
- how to measure the impact of the campaign locally
- how to actively engage consumers in the Choosing Wisely conversation.
Visit www.nps.org.au/nms2016 for submission details, registering and more information.