In keeping with the tenets of universal access for users and standards compliance for website design and development, the Choosing Wisely Australia website aims to meet Level AA of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0) as an Australian Government requirement.
Towards Level AA compliance
Some of the ways we are moving towards Level AA compliance include:
- Relative font sizing is used rather than fixed font sizing so users can adjust text size.
- All effort is made to ensure our content is edited and formatted for high readability e.g. use of lists, simple paragraphs and explanatory information for complex concepts.
- Website content is device independent.
- Our code is industry standard HTML5 and CSS3 and presentation is separate from structure.
Navigation and links
- All links are text-based. Where images are used for links, text alternatives within the code enable assistive technology, e.g. screen readers, text-based browsers or users who browse with styles off to utilise links effectively.
- Links are contextual where possible to make navigation easier for those using assistive technology.
- Tab indexing is used to enable users to move through a form using the keyboard tab function.
- Forms feature easy-to-understand error messaging so users understand when input errors have occurred.
Use of images
- Alternative text is used for all website images.
Browsers we support
We support all standards compliant browsers:
- Microsoft Edge
- Internet Explorer 9.0+
- Mozilla Firefox 40+
- Chrome 44+
- Safari 8+
- Android 4+.
Having problems using our website?
If you have a disability and you’re experiencing difficulty accessing information or services on our website, please get in touch with us: