The Choosing Wisely Australia® initiative is made possible by the collaborative efforts of several key partners, groups, and organisations.
Choosing Wisely Advisory Group
The strategic development, implementation and evaluation of Choosing Wisely Australia is informed by the Advisory Group. The group is chaired by Dr Matthew Anstey, Staff Specialist Intensive Care Physician, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital
Advisory Group members include:
- Dr Matthew Anstey: Staff Specialist Intensive Care Physician, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital (Chair)
- Dr Helen Belcher: Conjoint Lecturer, School of Humanities and Social Science, The University of Newcastle (Community Representative)
- Melissa Fox: Chief Executive Officer, Health Consumers Queensland (Consumer Representative)
- Dr Frank Jones: Senior Partner, Murray Medical Centre Mandurah
- Prof Erwin Loh: Chief Medical Officer; Executive Director, Innovation, Patient Safety & Experience; Executive Director, Research Strategy, Monash Health
- Dr David Rosengren: Executive Director Operations, Metro North Hospital & Health Service
- Professor Nicholas Talley: Pro Vice-Chancellor (Global Research) & Laureate Professor, Office - DVC (Research and Innovation), The University of Newcastle
- Ms Jessica Toleman: A/Executive Director – Performance, Innovation & Implementation, Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital
- Dr Jeremy Wellwood: Clinical Director of Cancer Access and Support services, Gold Coast Health and Hospital Service
Choosing Wisely Representatives Panel
The Representatives Panel contains members from participating medical colleges and is responsible for driving list development and implementation within respective colleges.
Members and supporters
Choosing Wisely Australia is supported by an important network of members participating in the campaign, including numerous national specialty societies. These members and supporters are recognised under Members and supporters.
Choosing Wisely Australia is facilitated by NPS MedicineWise.
Key personnel include:
- Dr Robyn Lindner, Client Relations Manager, Health Technologies
- Lyndell Coutts, Communications Lead
If you’d like to get in touch with us for more information or to share a view or personal experience, we’re keen to hear from you.